About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Hello! I am Dalia - 23 year old mum to a gorgeous daughter, Business Management student and just a mental chick! Nice to meet you all and hope you will enjoy this little blog! :) Mwahhhh! D xxx

Friday 4 March 2011

I have finally done it!

I have been out of contact for a while and I am sorry to have not provided an update. I had lots going on and was very busy with college work, travelling to London (twice in 2weeks), watching Lion King and having my little girls 7th birthday. I sure have been a little busy bee =] in fact not so sure if that little ... haha! 

However - I have some fab news - I have finally started training - I have ran 5k now twice - thanks to @kilnockers AKA Sarah Gray; she has persuaded me to come to the Norwich Parkrun in Eaton park for 9AM Saturday. 

I have to say - I have not been impressed the first time I had attended - it was cold and windy, but I braved it and ran. And then walked. And then ran again... oh dear, what a chore was that?! I was huffing and puffing all the way and was completely out of breath. We nearly got outrun by 2 ladies in their 50's and it just shown me how unfit I am. 

First time I managed to finish in 34:09 mins and was 180th out of 188 people that ran that morning. Wasn't very impressed to start with, but I have received a lot of support and encouraging from people around me and once I had time to chill out I realized that I had actually done rather well - at least by not giving up and carrying on to run. I felt a lot better for it later and had a very high sense of achievement which then has motivated me to carry on and run again next week! 

Don't even ask how I felt few days after the run - I could not walk! I then started to have my doubts if I want to repeat the run! 

The proof that I RAN!!! Not the most flattering 
photo of me I must admit! haha!

However, by the following Saturday the pain had gone and I felt fine, but as soon as I got to the park it started to rain and it had rained all night before so it was all wet and horrible. I still went ahead ran. I felt a lot better for it and done first 2 laps within 24 minutes, however the third lap I was so tired and out of breath that I had to walk most of it. That unfortunately brought my time down to 34:24mins. I am still within 24 mins bracket which is OK and considering the rain I think I have done well. This time I was 167th out of 182 runners in total. Still towards the end, but with a slight improvement :) 

I was supposed to run few times this week, but it seems that there is always something that comes up or gets in the way. I am hoping that next week I will have more time to spare so can run in between Saturdays! 

I am actually looking forward to tomorrow, even though I do honestly hate running, it makes me feel good after and I feel that I had done something worthy and useful with my time! =] 

I am also looking to find a local gym that could sponsor me while training for the mighty RFL and let me train in their facilities. That way I could improve my fitness and maybe even give up smoking for RFL in May. 

So far I have raised £40 on my Just Giving site so would really need to get people donating..... =] Pretty please???? =] A little bit concerned that I have not yet received my information and sponsorship pack from RFL as I had signed up over 4 weeks ago. Just need to get some time to call them and clarify what is going on I suppose... 

Other than that - all is good - as always! =] Looking forward to spending the weekend over my partners parents and the rest of his family and then a spot of shopping with my family on Sunday! 

I hope you will have a fantastic weekend =] oh, and please - don't forget to sponsor me! =] 

Much love to all! xxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Well done on getting started. Just one question. Where you given any advice on what trainers to wear?

    I don't run far, just over a mile (a hilly mile!) at a quick pace. I'm wearing my Addidas Stan Smiths but now that I'm getting into it more I think I should get better footer wear...What would you recommend?

    Thanks
    Darren

    ReplyDelete