About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Hello! I am Dalia - 23 year old mum to a gorgeous daughter, Business Management student and just a mental chick! Nice to meet you all and hope you will enjoy this little blog! :) Mwahhhh! D xxx

Monday 7 March 2011

Injury

I am so annoyed. Angry even. 


We ran at the Parkrun this Saturday just gone and I was beating my personal best. I had done 2 laps on just under 21 minutes so I had a good chance of getting 5k run done in 30 mins! That would have been my personal best from 34:09mins. However, as soon as we started the 3rd lap I had felt my knee going funny and sore. As we stopped and I carried on walking the rest of the lap it just got worse and I ended up limping about. 
I had finished my 5k in just over 38mins. Considering that I had walked the last lap with a sore leg I think I may have done OK ..... haha! 
As soon as I got home I had a nap cos I was rather annoyed, angry and even teary and once I had woken up I did put some ice on it etc. It has gotten worse by then. 
I had spent all weekend pretty much in pain and limping so I went to see my GP today and they said that I will not bee allowed to run for at least 6 months! I was a bit surprised by such a statement when he couldn't tell me exactly what was wrong with the knee. He said that I may not even be able to walk it. 
Now I am sorry, but that is load of poop. There is no way that I will cancel my sponsorship for RFL 2011! I had spoken to people and they just said to rest the knee for  couple of weeks and I should be OK. 
I think I may be going for a swim at the weekend, just to strengthen the muscles round the knee etc so I hope to be fit enough to run again in couple of weeks. 
I really hope that this blimming pain goes away soon as it is very annoying and is slowing me down lots. I had walked home from work and distance that I normally takes me 10 mins took me over 30 mins today. I am very frustrated as I dont seem to be fit enough to do the housework etc ( and  I am not using this as an excuse - promise) ... 


Well.... I will have to see how it goes and I hope it will get better soon so I can run the RFL. If not - I will make sure that I will walk it! =] 

No comments:

Post a Comment