About Me

My photo
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Hello! I am Dalia - 23 year old mum to a gorgeous daughter, Business Management student and just a mental chick! Nice to meet you all and hope you will enjoy this little blog! :) Mwahhhh! D xxx

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Visit to A&E

So I had a day off work today as I got up this morning in a lot of pain and literally could not walk. I could not see myself @ work at all as only a trip to the loo first thing has proven to be a challenge. 
I have iced the knee all day and  kept it straight up on the sofa... Been on the net all day and only time that I had walked was to get some water. I was hoping that by 4pm I would see a slight improvement, but nope, as soon as I attempted to stand up and walk - the pain has pierced entire leg and hips. 
Decided to definitely got A&E and get a second opinion. Got there just after 5 (after Tim had picked Meda up from afterschool club) and it wasn't long till I got seen. 
Doc has checked the leg and knees and he said that most likely that the injury was caused by me putting too much strain on the legs ( starting to run 5k straight on a hard surface outside maybe wasn't the best idea). He also said that I may position my legs incorrectly when running which then puts a lot of pressure on the knees hence the injury. 
I didn't really understand what he was on about most of the time, but all I know that there is no ligament damage and all hamstrings are fine so he said that I should be pain free in couple of weeks in which I should ensure that I don't train at all. 
I am thinking going swimming to build up a muscle round the knees; well maybe just support and strengthen the muscles round the knees and then introduce a bit of jogging now and then.... Hope to be back in the game in 3 -4 weeks time =] 
I am feeling relieved, that there is nothing serious and frustrated that my doctor is obviously completely useless and talks poop just to ensure that I shut up and get out from his office sooner than later so he can finish work. Fair enough, I saw him 5 PM on a Monday night, but in all fairness he is getting paid VERY well for what he does so I would really appreciate if he could provide a competent and fair answer. And if he doesn't know what is wrong with me  ( it is OK not to know about everything) - please, just refer me to someone who does! 


Anyways, rant over! I have been seen and I am OK. So, no doubt I will be back in the game sooner than later my lovely people! You wont get rid of me so easy! I am deffo going to stick with this and complete the RFL 2011 and raise as much moneys as I possibly can to help those in need! 


Lots of love 


Me xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment